OSSC Parent Code of Conduct
The Olympium Synchronized Swimming Club (“OSSC”) provides recreational, developmental and high performance synchronized swimming programs in a positive environment in which all persons are treated fairly and with respect. Parents or guardians of athletes representing OSSC are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with these values. This Code of Conduct sets out the standard of behaviour that is expected of all OSSC parents.
It is the expectation that parents will:
- Encourage their athlete to strive for personal and team achievement through complete, consistent and sincere effort
- Ensure that their athlete arrives for each practice and competition on time, with all appropriate gear, well-nourished and prepared to participate to the best of his or her ability
- Immediately report to their coach any injuries and/or medical problems that may limit their athlete’s ability to train, travel or compete
- Refrain from interrupting practice, unless there is an emergency. Parents may not:
- Be on the pool deck during practice unless permission is received from the coach, or the coach extends an invitation
- Interrupt coaches or athletes during a competition
- Learn, understand and adhere to the rules of the sport and to principles of fair play. Fair play includes:
- Following the rules of the sport and the Club
- Respecting all decisions of the officials and coaches
- Acknowledging the good performances of others, including their athlete’s teammates and opponents
- Accepting victory with modesty and humility
- Contribute to a positive Club culture by providing positive and constructive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort
- Conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner as spectators and not tolerate anyone among them who does not
- Refrain from unacceptable behaviour such as coarse language, angry outbursts, arguing or rude behaviour
- Recognize that any bullying behaviour (including cyber bullying, exclusionary behaviour, etc.) will not be tolerated, and advise their coach immediately if they witness or become aware of any bullying behaviour
- Refrain from any act that would be considered an illegal offence
- Help promote and represent the Club and synchronized swimming in the most constructive and positive manner possible.
Any contravention of the OSSC Parent Code of Conduct will be dealt with by the primary team coach in consultation with the Head Coach, as appropriate, and may result in discipline up to and including suspension of their athlete from the Club.
Last revised July 2015