Club: OLYMPIUM SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING CLUB
ALL SPORTS, INCLUDING SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING, HAS ITS RISKS
I participate in the sport of synchronized swimming because it is physically and mentally challenging. In consideration of my participation in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to synchronized swimming. The risks and hazards of synchronized swimming include, but are not limited to:
• Injuries from executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in synchronized swimming including boosts and lifts;
• Injuries from dry-land training including weights, pilates, running, dance, bands, circus school and massage;
• Injuries from entering the water by either diving or jumping;
• Injuries from spending extended times in chlorinated water including bacterial infections and rashes;
• Injuries from collisions with the pool wall or pool bottom;
• Injuries from extended time underwater;
• Injuries from physical contact with other participants including spotters whose role is to enhance safety and learning;
• Injuries from strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
• Injuries from exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
• Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events, which are an integral part of the organization’s activities.
Furthermore, I am aware:
• That injuries sustained in synchronized swimming can be severe;
• That I may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected touching;
• That I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities;
• That my risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules adopted during training; and
• That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
I AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF
I am participating voluntarily in these activities, events and programs. I agree that there are risks in synchronized swimming as described above. By participating voluntarily in these events, activities and programs, I am exposed to these risks and hazards. I agree to accept them and be responsible for any injury or other loss which I might receive while participating in these events, activities and programs.
If something happens to me, I release the organizers of responsibility for any claims, demands, actions and costs that might arise out of my participation. In this Agreement I understand “organizers” to mean: Synchro Swim Ontario, its directors, officers, members, employees, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of the facility, and representatives.
I ACKNOWLEDGE MAKING THIS AGREEMENT
I have read and understood the terms and conditions of this agreement, and by signing it voluntarily, I am agreeing to abide by these terms.